Day 1, June 14th:
- Austin to Rome Flight
Day 2, June 15th:
- Arrive Rome
Day 3, June 16th:
- 8:30a – Rome – Colosseum & Vatican tour
Day 4, June 17th:
- Rome Half Day Tour
Day 5, June 18th:
- to Sorrento via Pompeii
Day 6, June 19th:
- Amalfi Coast Day trip
Day 7, June 20th:
- Capri Day Trip
Day 8, June 21:
- Orvieto & Civita – 4hr drive from Sorrento to Orvieto on way to tuscany accommodations.
Day 9, June 22nd:
- Open day in Tuscany
Day 10, June 23rd:
Day 11, June 24th:
- Off Day
Day 12, June 25th:
Day 13, June 26th:
Day 14, June 27th:
- Pisa on way to Cinque Terre, Monterosso
Day 15, June 28th:
- Cinque Terre
Day 16, June 29th:
- Lake Garda
Day 17, June 30th:
- Venice Day Trip
Day 18, July 1st:
- Lake Garda
Day 19, July 2nd:
- Drive from Lake Garda to Piedmont
Day 20, July 3rd:
- Drive from Piedmont to Milan -airport hotel
Day 21, July 4th:
- Milan to Austin
I’m a broken record. I research until I can’t see straight, and then I research some more. We were due for 3 new suitcases this year. Tipton’s suitcase is still hanging in there! We got that thing like 10 years ago! I purchased the same ones for Lincoln and myself but in different colors.
Bryan decided he didn’t want spinner wheels, so we got him this one: Briggs & Riley Transcend Tall Carry-on Expandable Upright, Rainforest
We all still use our packing cubes from the Australia and NZ trip:
- eBags Packing Cubes – color coordinated by person – for clothes. I discovered packing cubes for the Australia and New Zealand trip, and still find them to be invaluable. We use them on all trips – big or small.
- I purchased these clear plastic packing cubes for toiletries for Scandinavia and still use them. I researched a few different ones, and this one seems to be the best.
- I use these for non-liquid toiletries like makeup.
- I have a few small clear cubes for snacks.
I went on a lot of picnics in Italy last time I traveled there and often wished I had this stuff.
We got Bryan a laptop backpack as a gift last year and have used it a few different times. It’s been great. The ebags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack.
The kids each have a backpack.
I always source The Wire Cutter, many blogs and to some degree Amazon for research. Wire Cutter has a great section on travel and loads on electronics.
Bryan has will be taking his work laptop since he’ll have to use it a few times for work during the trip. Lincoln will be using a Kindle Fire for reading, movies and games/learning apps. Tip uses her phone or everything. I’ll take my ipad for sure and possibly my laptop if need be. We’ll see.
Using the adapters from before – the Ceptics brand since they had 3-prong options. Also taking the multi-plug unit since we’ve got so many items to charge, plus an extension cord – never leave home without it!
Headphones/Earbuds were Christmas gifts for everyone.
For Me I can’t decide if I’m going to stick with my earbuds from last time: The Symphonized NRG or use the wireless ones I got for Christmas: JLab Audio OMNI Premium Folding Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphone with Mic & Carrying Case – Black Pearl
For Bryan: Asakuki Remix-Box Bluetooth Wireless Music Earphones
For Tipton: Beats wireless earbuds
We’ll take our bluetooth speaker from the last tip, the UE Roll! It’s adorable, has great sound and is SMALL!!
I use velcro straps for binding up all of our cords. I like these so I can color code and write a device label on it.
My mom is loaning us her GPS for the trip. We’ll be driving from Sorrento onward. Fortunately, my mom traveled to Italy already had the maps downloaded. Win!
I’m taking a few games to entertain us on planes, trains or in hotel rooms.
Tipton will be taking her journals for this trip – a continuation from her Australia and New Zealand and Scandinavia journal.
I didn’t pack as much entertainment gear this trip as the kids spent most of the time watching movies on the long-haul legs. Plus, still trying to get us on the “packing light” band wagon.
- Bell peppers
- Fruit Snacks
- Granola & Protein Bars
- Napoleons hard candy
- We each take a canteen for the flight and to use on the entire trip. We use a few different ones: Thermos Brand 24oz, 16oz, and 12oz